Resident Engineer-Construction Management Services
MWH Constructors (MWHC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Resident Engineer to support water/wastewater infrastructure projects and pursuits in Northern California to include the San Jose/Gilroy/Salinas areas.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction and construction management services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
The Resident Engineer will oversee the appointed project field inspection staff and support service consultants to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the project plans and specifications, as well as requirements of the contract and the expectations of the client. The Resident Engineer is the primary interface and coordination point for field progress between the owner and the contractor and with the engineer of record and regulatory representatives.
• Attend all pre-construction meetings in support of the Construction Manager.
• Organize and chair weekly progress meetings.
• Review plans, specifications, and shop drawings to identify and resolve any potential issues with the contractor.
• Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for the Construction Manager.
• Monitor and control to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
• Evaluate contractor's detailed cost proposals and develop preliminary cost estimate.
• Provide a daily review of project documentation for items such as inspections, daily reports, photographs, and material deliveries.
• Ensure accurate field records are being maintained, such as daily reports, test reports, and as-built drawings.
• Prepare trend reporting for any issues impacting the construction progress or potential change management issues.
• Identify potential items of risk or claims arising from, or as a result of, contractor activities.
• Serve as the primary project interface with the community in which the project is being constructed. Proactively coordinate contractor activities with community needs.
• Assist Construction Manager in implementation of company safety program. Follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner that ensures personal safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees.
• Attend industry networking events.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, mechanical or electrical), construction management, or equivalent degree.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience on municipal water and/or wastewater infrastructure projects, such as treatment plants, pump stations, pipelines, tunnels, etc.
• 4+ years of Resident Engineer experience.
• Experience in medium/high voltage electrical, instrumentation, and controls on wastewater treatment plants.
• CCM or PMP required, however consideration will be given to candidates willing to gain CCM or PMP within 18 months.
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), union jurisdiction, labor agreements, and negotiations.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, supervisory and planning skills.
• Knowledge of business practices and project P/L.
• Familiarity with data management software.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top