Resident Engineer/CE&I Senior Project Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec has an opening for a Resident Engineer / CE&I Senior Project Engineer in Central Florida.
As Resident Engineer/Senior CE&I Project Engineer - Transportation, you will leverage your experience with Florida highway projects to assist in our growing Florida practice and develop the business as well as manage the delivery of CE&I projects.
You will play a pivotal role in expanding our existing client and project base in an effort to position the firm to acquire new business in Central Florida and the surrounding area market. Further, you will have responsibility as Project Manager for CE&I projects.
You will perform a variety of tasks with potentially complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge. You will lead the analysis of proposed projects to ensure reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Client development, coordinating the project pursuits and proposal preparation.
- Leading and developing staff and performing as a project manager on transportation CE&I projects.
- Monitoring the quality of services delivered by the team members assigned to projects
- Monitoring construction activity for conformance with contract documents, quality, budget, and schedule
- Monitoring, budgeting and project/program cost control
- Reading and interpreting of the plans and specifications
- Coordinating, and interpreting material sampling and testing including soil, concrete, and subgrade compaction testing
- Identifying and documenting non-conforming construction, or potential delays and cost over-runs
- Reviewing contractor claims and change orders
- Reviewing and making recommendation for responses and approval of contractor requests for information, shop drawings, and construction procedures
- Reviewing and approving monthly contractor pay requisitions
- Participating in weekly job meetings with design project manager, owner, and contractor
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Transportation and site construction experience including roadway, bridge, and utility construction
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills, organization and time management
- Proficiency in MS Office. and Primavera P6 is preferred.
- Experience with FDOT policies and standards.
- Valid Driver's License
- FDOT Advanced Maintenance of Traffic certification
- Attend CTQP Quality Control Manager course
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer in Florida. Minimum of 10 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002OC
Back to top