Resident Engineer - Water/Wastewater Construction
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Water practice has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated Resident Engineer with large water and wastewater project experience.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising Stantec staff, including development of Management plans, tracking career progress, mentoring, advocating for and approving timesheets and training/development requests
- Manage inspection staff and the delivery of daily inspector reports in accordance with clients' requirements Act as liaison to design staff to respond to Contractors' RFI's and review of shop drawings
- Responsible for overall site safety, permit status compliance and coordination with other agencies
- Provides technical review of construction plans and specifications and project changes for constructability and practicality
- Manage office staff responsible for record keeping, general correspondence, compiling and drafting of required reports and deliverables
- Monitors Contractor performance, quality, schedule, overall responsiveness and effectiveness
- Exerts influence over Contractors to maintain project goals regarding cost, schedule, quality, etc.
- Manages the Contractor monthly payment process and recommends appropriate adjustments as necessary to manage the Contractor
- Other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Be able to manage multi-discipline design teams, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
Minimum of fifteen (15) years' experience on projects showing increasing responsibility with at least ten (10) years in a project management role of water and wastewater related projects
Registered Professional Engineer in MA or ability to become registered within one year
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000W0
Back to top