Resident Engineer - Water/Wastewater Construction
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec's Water practice has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated Resident Engineer with large water and wastewater project experience.
As a Resident Engineer, you will utilize your construction experience and technical knowledge of municipal infrastructure and general building projects to successfully execute and manage the installation of a large diameter water main.
- Responsible for supervising Stantec staff, including development of Management plans, tracking career progress, mentoring, advocating for and approving timesheets and training/development requests
- Manage inspection staff and the delivery of daily inspector reports in accordance with clients' requirements Act as liaison to design staff to respond to Contractors' RFI's and review of shop drawings
- Responsible for overall site safety, permit status compliance and coordination with other agencies
- Provides technical review of construction plans and specifications and project changes for constructability and practicality
- Manage office staff responsible for record keeping, general correspondence, compiling and drafting of required reports and deliverables
- Monitors Contractor performance, quality, schedule, overall responsiveness and effectiveness
- Exerts influence over Contractors to maintain project goals regarding cost, schedule, quality, etc.
- Manages the Contractor monthly payment process and recommends appropriate adjustments as necessary to manage the Contractor
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years' experience on projects showing increasing responsibility with at least ten (10) years in a project management roleof water and wastewater related projects
- Registered Professional Engineer in MA or ability to become registered within one year
- Be able to manage multi-discipline design teams, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
# of Openings Remaining 2
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top