Resident Engineer (water infrastructure)
Stantec is looking to hire a Resident Engineer for a Flood Prevention Scheme Project in Doha.
The scope of the project includes design review, project management, and site supervision of urgent flooding mitigation works at two residential communities in Doha, Qatar, spanning 600 and 650 ha.
•Responsible for reviewing the design proposals, work program, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, payments, variation orders and claims etc.
•Effectively manage the site supervision staffs during construction & ensuring the works are being carried out according to the Contract specifications.
•Ensure monitoring on the quality of materials and workmanships installed, operated and maintained.
•Maintain the Resident Engineer's daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
•Liaise with Client, Project Management and Contractor for resolution of project issues, in addition to concerned Authorities when required.
•Supervise, review, monitor and report on progress.
•Ensure the site safety practices
•Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports
•Familiarity with conditions of contract, quality assurance.
•Liaise with client, co-ordination with Governmental Organization and other Consultants/Contractors
•Consistently adheres to and enforces internal Company processes and policies such as business and contracting rules.
•Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
•Works in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
Resident Engineer (water infrastructure)
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited University with Professional
Qualifications from a recognized International Institution and with a professional career
development record all as approved by the Engineer.
- Membership of an accredited, recognized Project Management Institution and or
Chartered, Professional Engineer would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 18 years demonstrable experience, of which 10 years in a managerial or
technical lead capacity of similar large scale surface & ground water networks projects.
- Must demonstrate his/her experience in respect of the technical proposals evaluation
and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical problems that
may arise during construction;
- Experience must include all Health & Safety and Environmental Protection aspects of
the construction and operation of deep underground structures works.
- It is an essential requirement to have previous experience in managing similar large
scale open cut and micro tunneling surface & ground water networks under Design &
Build projects undertaken within the city.
- Ability to coordinate, corporate and communicate with other construction projects in the
vicinity of the works, in addition to effectively consulting with Statutory Bodies in respect
of acquiring necessary consents and licenses.
- Experience in preparation and evaluation of Site Instructions and Variation Orders
assessments (Cost /Time).
- Experience in evaluating and verifying Contractor's Claims and assessment of the
related Variation Order (Cost /Time).
- Experience in Progress management and Project Control is a must.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written
technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills;
- Strong leadership quality to lead and motivate a team of Site Engineers and Inspectors
as Supervisor Consultant in a Design & Build project environment;
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage work at multiple areas on site are essential;
- Computer skills are mandatory.
- Shall be registered as Grade A -from MME.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Back to top