Resident Engineer - Water
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Your Duties: Stantec is seeking a Resident Engineer, with 10+ years of experience, to join our Water Sector as part of our construction management team for the NYC DDC Project HWCRQ03L Requirements Contract for Large Infrastructure Projects within the NYC Metropolitan Area. Specifically for Green Infrastructure, Trunk Watermain (welded steel), and large roadway projects.
As a Resident Engineer, you will utilize your construction experience and technical knowledge of municipal infrastructure, water and wastewater facilities and general building projects to successfully execute and manage projects, under the supervision of the Construction Manager or Project Manager, and help us build and grow our practice.
- Manage the firm's day-to-day construction oversight/Resident Engineering efforts on major municipal contracts
- Responsible for supervising Stantec staff, including development of Management plans, tracking career progress, mentoring, advocating for and approving timesheets and training/development requests
- Manage inspection staff and the delivery of daily inspector reports in accordance with clients' requirements Act as liaison to design staff to respond to Contractors' RFI's and review of shop drawings
- Responsible for overall site safety, permit status compliance and coordination with other City Agencies
- Provides technical review of construction plans and specifications and project changes for constructability and practicality
- Manage office staff responsible for record keeping, general correspondence, compiling and drafting of required reports and deliverables
- Monitors Contractor performance, quality, schedule, overall responsiveness and effectiveness
- Exerts influence over Contractors to maintain project goals regarding cost, schedule, quality, etc.
- Manages the Contractor monthly payment process and recommends appropriate adjustments as necessary to manage the Contractor
- Uses effective oral and written communication skills to effectively lead progress, project, safety, scheduling and other contract administration meetings with client, local agencies and the community
- Other duties as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management, or a related degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience, preferably for NYC Agencies such as: NYCDDC, NYCDEP, MTA and/or PANYNJ
- Professional Engineer Registration - New York (active)
- Prior experience as a Resident Engineer or Assistant Resident Engineer in NYC
- Proficiency with Primavera and/or MS Project and the MS Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage personnel, and remain responsive to corporate requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe and healthful workplace
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- 10+ years' experience with at least five (5) years of Resident Engineering experience specifically for NYCDEP, NYCDDC, or DOT
- Strong relationships with NYCDEP and/or NYCDDC personnel
- Interest and ability to network, support proposals and contribute to firm growth in the NYC construction market
- FEMA documentation experience a plus
We put people first, and it shows. We're proud to be one of New York's Best Places to Work, as named by The Business Council of New York and NYS-SHRM.
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top