Resident Engineer - Water
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
The Burlington, MA office has an opening for a Resident Engineer . This is an on-site position representing Stantec and project Client. Project may involve wastewater, water and/or stormwater utilities and pumping facilities.
- Duties shall include observation of all phases of construction activities for compliance with design documents.
- General responsibilities shall include: observation and documentation of work performed; review of contractor requisitions for payment, change orders and scheduling.
- Management of field inspection staff, compliance with shop drawings, documentation of work, as-built plans, preparation of daily reports, attendance of progress and public meetings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- B.S. in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Ten years minimum experience serving in similar capacity for public work projects
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- OSHA 10 hour safety training/certification and confined space entry certification required
- Computer skills - MS Office, Project Scheduling and basic AutoCAD desirable
- Experience in observing multi-task public works infrastructure improvement projects, record keeping, evaluation of work completed and/or proposed.
- Familiarity with construction procedures and scheduling of work components on vertical buildings including masonry, plumbing, HVAC and electrical in addition to large diameter water/wastewater pipelines.
- Must be familiar with dewatering, backfilling and compacting and paving of utility trenches and pavement surface restoration.
- P.E. not necessary but preferred
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top