Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office located in Fairmont, WV has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Resident Engineer with WVDOH construction management expertise. We seek a team player who desires a highly collaborative work environment, has excellent client and communication skills, and strong design capabilities. We seek a candidate to participate on high profile and transformative roadway design projects on an interdisciplinary team.
- Quality Assurance Management as a representative of the WVDOH for large scale Design Build Projects work of contractors to ensure quality control and contractor compliance for roadway, structure and bridge construction projects of varying complexity
- Inspect and monitor assigned field work activities on a project to ensure conformance to plans, specifications, and other contract documents
- Coordinate work and inspections with contractor's representative, client personnel, and other stakeholders
- Advises contractor of non-conforming work or other violations of the contract requirements. Works with the contractor to identify and implement appropriate corrective action
- Ensures that highways work zones and traffic control setups conform to contract requirements
- Prepares and reviews daily inspection reports for preparation of entries into Site Manager / Project Wise and is able to properly document materials as well as other test reports for materials
- Tests and / or samples materials as required, coordinates with testing laboratories as needed or required
- Assist in contractor's monthly evaluations, progress payments, and progress meetings
- Bachelor degree (BS) in an engineering field or relevant experience in bridge construction, roadway, utility, and asphalt paving, can be used in place of degree with WVDOH TRET accreditation Level IV
- Ten (10) - fifteen (15) years of highway construction management experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in WVDOT procedures and policies.
- Strong leadership and ability to direct others and work with subconsultants
- Good oral communications and presentation skills
- Proficient with Site Manager, Project Wise and project material certification
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Transportation Infrastructure Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top