MWH Constructors (MWHC) is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Resident Engineer to support water/wastewater infrastructure work in New York City. The ideal candidate will have prior pump station or related wastewater treatment plant infrastructure experience.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction and construction management services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
The Resident Engineer will support the appointed project field inspection staff and service consultants to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the project plans and specifications. The Resident Engineer supports the interface and coordination point for field progress between the Owner and the Contractor and with the Engineer of Record and regulatory representatives.
Key primary duties include:
• Attend pre-construction meetings in support of the Construction Manager.
• Assist with the organization of the weekly progress meetings.
• Review plans, specifications and shop drawings to identify and resolve with the Contractors any potential problems.
• Help prepare daily, weekly and monthly reporting for the Construction Manager.
• Ensure accurate field records are being maintained, such as daily reports, test reports, and as-built drawings.
• Provide a daily review of project documentation for items such as inspections, daily reports, photographs and material deliveries.
• Assist in the preparation of trend reporting for any issues impacting the construction progress or potential change management issues.
• Support the interface with the community in which the project is being constructed. Proactively coordinate Contractor activities with community needs.
• Help identify potential items of risk or claims arising from or as a result of contractor activities.
• Candidates will work in a field office at the project site and will be required to work in a manner that ensures personal safety as well as the safety of fellow employees by following project and company health and safety guidelines and policies.
If former Military, the following MOS codes my be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21,51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
• A B.S. degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
• At least 8 years of relevant construction management experience.
• Prior experience with pump stations or related wastewater treatment plant infrastructure.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top