We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office located in Fairmont, WV has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Resident Engineer with WVDOH construction management expertise. We seek a team player who desires a highly collaborative work environment, has excellent client and communication skills, and strong design capabilities. We seek a candidate to participate on high profile and transformative roadway design projects on an interdisciplinary team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Quality Assurance Management as a representative of the WVDOH for large scale Design Build Projects work of contractors to ensure quality control and contractor compliance for roadway, structure and bridge construction projects of varying complexity
- Inspect and monitor assigned field work activities on a project to ensure conformance to plans, specifications, and other contract documents
- Coordinate work and inspections with contractor's representative, client personnel, and other stakeholders
- Advises contractor of non-conforming work or other violations of the contract requirements. Works with the contractor to identify and implement appropriate corrective action
- Ensures that highways work zones and traffic control setups conform to contract requirements
- Prepares and reviews daily inspection reports for preparation of entries into Site Manager / Project Wise and is able to properly document materials as well as other test reports for materials
- Tests and / or samples materials as required, coordinates with testing laboratories as needed or required
- Assist in contractor's monthly evaluations, progress payments, and progress meetings
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in WVDOT procedures and policies.
- Strong leadership and ability to direct others and work with subconsultants
- Good oral communications and presentation skills
- Proficient with Site Manager, Project Wise and project material certification
Education and Experience
Bachelor degree (BS) in an engineering field or relevant experience in bridge construction, roadway, utility, and asphalt paving, can be used in place of degree with WVDOH TRET accreditation Level IV
Ten (10) - fifteen (15) years of highway construction management experience
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated experience in WVDOT procedures and policies.
Strong leadership and ability to direct others and work with subconsultants
Good oral communications and presentation skills
Proficient with Site Manager, Project Wise and project material certification
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-West Virginia-Fairmont
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: MIG-33097
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top