Renewable Energy Project Manager, Environmental Services
Your Opportunity Stantec is quickly becoming an industry leader in providing environmental service support to the renewable energy industry in California. The Stantec community unites more than 2,700 environmental services professionals in North America dedicated, while our experience covers the gamut of regulatory climates, from local permitting to state licensing certificates and federal regulations. We continue to attract the best talent in the industry, and we're currently looking for new people to join our team.
- Experience working on CEQA documents and/or supporting technical studies (NEPA work with BLM and/or USFS a plus).
- USFWS/CDFW incidental take permitting (Biological Opinions, Habitat Conservation Plans, and 2800 Permits) experience desired, but not required.
- Familiarity with protocol-level wildlife survey methods.
- Experience managing, as project manager or deputy project manager, large energy infrastructure projects.
- Strong written communication skills. Tasks will include quality review of technical documents.
- Understanding of the environmental regulatory framework in California, including applicable state and federal laws.
- The ability to work with a geographically diverse multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act and the Migratory Bird Treaty Act is a plus.
- Preparation of permit application packages for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), US Forest Service (USFS), and US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), a plus.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Working with senior management to determine the future direction of the practice and responding to proposals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5-10 years of experience successfully coordinating and managing environmental permitting, assessment and/or compliance work related to CEQA, NEPA, Clean Water Act, USFWS, USACE, particularly as they relate to renewable energy, transmission projects.
- A Bachelors degree in planning, natural resources, biological science, ecology, environmental science or related field is required.
- Experience working with a variety of federal, state, and local agencies with regulatory approval processes.
- Experience with energy projects on public lands preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top