Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Environmental Services practice seeks an Environmental Regulatory Specialist, with demonstrated experience in Virginia and/or adjacent states, to lead environmental regulatory and project permitting efforts, supervise and mentor staff, provide project management, and support business development opportunities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Identify project-specific environmental regulatory requirements
- Coordinate with resource agency personnel
- Write and review technical reports
- Develop environmental permit applications
- Present at public meetings
- Facilitate successful environmental permitting of multiple and varied projects
- Develop proposals
- Manage projects and budgets
- Coordinate with clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff
- Perform and oversee project technical work
- Maintain existing client relations and collaborate to develop and pursue new clients and opportunities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated experience with local, state, and federal environmental regulations and permitting in Virginia, including regulatory coordination and permit application development under the Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act, and state- and federally listed species regulations and permitting;
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience related to regulatory permitting, natural resource management, environmental planning, and/or related field(s);
- Strong ability to interpret and use site plans, topographic maps, aerial photographs, and other maps and mapping resources;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to perform fieldwork;
- A strong work ethic, high ethical standards
- A desire for team success
Education and Experience
Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in the natural sciences, natural resource management, or related field;
Minimum 5 years of environmental consulting and project management experience;
5-7 years of progressively responsible experience related to natural resource management, environmental planning, and/or related field(s).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Fredericksburg
Other Locations: United States-Virginia-Richmond
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002QF
Back to top