Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Stantec is currently seeking a Regulatory Specialist to provide technical support on a variety of projects in the energy sector. This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address a variety of permitting and approval requirements. Our staff members have established excellent working relationships with regulatory agencies throughout the mid-Atlantic, and our regulatory knowledge and scientific expertise allow us to help our clients develop the most effective approach to securing regulatory approvals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare permit applications, including gathering supporting documentation, coordinating comment response with agencies, database investigations.
- Provide technical and regulatory support for energy projects in both the pre-project permitting stage and post-approval stage.
- Perform and summarize searches related to Threatened and Endangered Species, Natural Heritage and Section 106 Cultural Resources.
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships, including seeking opportunities for new business.
- Carry out project work within agreed time-frames and on budget.
- Create technical documents and provide review of technical documents that support regulatory submissions.
- Support and ensure implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work and coordinate with HSE professionals during the execution of all phases of project planning and implementation.
- Communicate and collaborate with other Environmental and Regulatory Specialists to ensure consistency in project execution.
- Participate in team and independent based work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS highly desirable.
- Experienced with electrical transmission and/or alternative energy projects highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of federal and Virginia state regulations and permitting requirements.
- Task management experience with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent technical writing, organizational, and communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Adobe, and Excel.
- Experienced with NEPA documentation or other environmental planning assessments.
Minimum of 2-5 years' experience with Section 404/401 permitting, wetland and streams issues, technical reports, and compliance.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top