Registered Professional Land Surveyor
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties Position Overview:
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused RPLS in our Dallas, Texas office (12222 Merit Drive). The Project Surveyor or RPLS ensures the preparation of accurate, complete and value-added survey work products to consistently meet clients' project goals. As a registered professional land surveyor, has the authority to sign and seal survey documents prepared by them or performed under their direct supervision. Upon signing and sealing, surveyors take full professional responsibility for that work. This position works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Assist Director of Survey with business development, proposal preparation, project management, and final quality control for all surveys prepared.
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, abstracting title data, record drawings research, and client relations.
- Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients on technical matters.
- Responsible for project management and quality control for all surveys prepared.
- Analyzes survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals.
- Writes descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases or other legal documents.
- Works within defined project scopes and budgets. Manages deadlines and prioritizes assignments.
- Works directly with project team members, to include other registered surveyors, engineers, and technical and survey staff.
- Coordinates activities of field crews, including providing job assignments, information, direction and daily checking of work product.
- Reviews and processes the results of field surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land features and structures.
- Verifies the accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Prepares data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Maintains file management of AutoCAD files and other documents.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Education/Experience:
- 5+ years as a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with boundary, topographic, ALTA, and construction surveys.
- Bachelor's Degree in surveying or relevant field or equivalent experience.
Skills and Special Requirements/ Licensing:
- Registered RPLS in Texas.
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team, and training, coordinating, and leading others in accomplishing work activities.
- Excellent time management skills; thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
- Requires advanced knowledge of codes, surveying principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Working knowledge of relevant technical software, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, LDD.
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation (Topcon, Trimble), GPS, and robotic total stations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced software skills in survey processing software, such as Leica Geomatics and Trimble Office.
- Experience with processing Leica software a plus.
- Uses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong math skills, including algebra and trigonometry.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of project requirements, including budget, regulatory requirements, and project submittal.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top