Regional Practice Leader, Wastewater
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Key Responsibilities: As a key part of the Northwest Water Business, through your affiliation with BC 2002 and the overall NW Water Region (that includes other Business Centers extending from Colorado to the Canadian border, to Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, and, for Federal Work, Japan and Korea), your general duties will be as follows:
- Work closely with BC 2002 client leaders to identify strategy client relationships to be developed, fostered and/or maintained.
- Identify and develop teams to position for (and even develop) and pursue opportunities with the key clients identified.
- Foster effective business development practices in the Oregon and Washington markets.
- Work with the RBL and the Regional Sector Lead (RSL to continue to develop and refine marketing and business development practices and share these practices with the boots-on-the-ground teams in Oregon and Washington.
- Continue your role as Client Service Manager and even, where appropriate, project manager with existing and new clients.
- Support or lead recruiting efforts in Washington, Oregon and Hawaii.
- Learn and be a promoter of Stantec's project delivery structure that includes PMs and Project Technical Leads (PTLs).
- Become engaged in active project delivery as a client-facing PM, Client Service Manager, Project Technical Lead, Technical Advisor, or other roles, as appropriate for the particular project and client.
- Over time, be a key leader in the development of a strong Cascadia network that connects and integrates Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver, BC.
- Mentor young professionals in the Portland and Seattle offices, and across the region.
The Global Practice Lead team has the shared responsibility with the Water Delivery leadership for growing Stantec's technology offerings North America-wide and, as situationally appropriate, globally, by working together to achieve the following:
- Increase Stantec's brand in the Americas and Global technical services delivery realm - this includes high visibility within trade organizations and representation through papers and presentations. Recruit, mentor, train, develop, and deploy technical delivery talent in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of both Stantec and the employee.
- Evaluate and improve the strategic direction of the Practice offerings.
- Develop and nurture client relationships.
- Support and work in conjunction with the 9 Regional Business Leaders (I am the Northwest RBL, for example) within North American Water, including their Sector Leaders, Client Service Managers, and CSM teams.
- Identify and pursue specific opportunities and clients in coordination with Stantec's other business lines (including Environmental Services, Community Development, Water Power and Dams, Mining, Transportation, Buildings, and Power - - and there are other business lines).
- Improve our technology offering though continual learning, innovation, IP capture and re-use, knowledge sharing, and development/deployment of best practices.
- Do what is "best for Stantec and its clients".
- Pacific Northwest experience and relationships are important.
- An out-of-area candidate will need to have the energy and personal traits to hit the ground running.
- Focused experience whether with planning, technical design, construction, or project or program management will also be considered.
- Project management experience and expertise - in depth understanding of relationships and needs between scope, schedule and budget. -
- Marketing and business development training and experience is preferred.
- Self-starter attitude. Someone who can take unsupervised initiative to develop client contacts and broaden client organization relationships. Basically, a "cold call" comfort is necessary.
- Optimistic perspective and comfort level in developing opportunities in technical areas not of the CSM's personal experience or expertise leveraging Stantec resources to sell the company toolbox.
Education and Experience:
- 15 years of diverse experience in public and municipal sectors associated with the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree -
- P.E. License required in state of WA.
- PM - PMP PMI standards (technical background)
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top