Regional Business Development Leader, Architecture
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. With decades of experience to draw upon, we are achieving remarkable success toward our goal of being the best integrated design firm in the world.
The Buildings Group is comprised of approximately 3,600 staff, in six countries and over 100 offices. The ongoing success of Stantec's Buildings Group is highly dependent on the quality and performance of our leaders working collectively across all disciplines and leadership levels.
The British Columbia operations of Stantec provides architecture, engineering, interior design, and planning with a staff of 300 professionals. The practice has a local portfolio of mixed use, residential, hospitality, retail, healthcare, education, industrial, civic and workplace projects, and access to a wide portfolio of building types and thought leaders located throughout the world.
The role of Business Center Sector Leader (BCSL) - Architecture is integral to the success of the office and to Stantec. The BCSL reports directly to the Regional Business Leader (RBL), and has the following responsibilities. The BCSL, British Columbia can be based in the Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, or Kamloops office.
- Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Center, and working collaboratively with the other Business Center Leaders to achieve key operational performance metrics.
- Leading local business development pursuits, and coordinating a core team of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Working with the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) and other BC leaders, assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Buildings group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Supporting overall Buildings Sector leadership in strategic pursuits.
- Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development within the BC
- Assist the BCML and Business Center Discipline Leader (BCDL) on the Career Development and Performance Review (CDPR) forms for staff, salary reviews, and bonus evaluations.
- Working collaboratively with the other Business Center leaders to achieve key business development, financial and operational performance goals across Stantec.
- Collaborate with Regional and National Sector Leader's (SL's) to develop and leverage expertise across offices.
- Facilitate collaboration among integrated practice groups (i.e. Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering)
- Developing and stewarding marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Participating in and leading (when required) marketing efforts, and business development pursuits, including lead development, proposal preparation, presentations, relationship management and client surveys.
- Overseeing post-win deliverables internal to Stantec (i.e. key performance indicators, community site articles, Spark articles, information to Marketing for SMKC and pipeline, etc.).
- Maintain presence within local and regional award submissions and publications. Assist in award submission project selections, content development and contribute to publication material
- Assist in the development of a PR strategy at the local level in concert with Stantec's public relations strategy.
- Be responsible for developing and managing the Sector portion of the BC M&BD plan including implementation of 'must win' strategies for growing net revenue within the BC and Region.
- Developing and maintaining relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
- Assist in development of the annual business plan and budget for the BC
- Partner with the BCML and BCDL in the review and finalization of the budget.
- Degree in Architecture and registration preferred.
- 20+ years of experience in the Architecture industry or within a consulting environment
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the British Columbia market.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Vancouver is considered a strong asset).
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- The Business Center Sector Leader must be an individual who has the strengths, experience, and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Vancouver.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 20
Discipline Architecture & Interior Design
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top