Raleigh Water/Wastewater Practice Manager
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity An opportunity exists within Stantec's North Carolina Water Sector for a Practice Lead with municipal infrastructure experience to join our team.
The successful candidate will use their business development, management and technical abilities to direct a team of highly talented design professionals and technicians to deliver projects involving the planning and design of a wide array of civil and water resources projects, predominantly water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead business development and marketing by building new and cultivating existing client relationships
- Lead proposal development, including scope, budget, schedule, contract negotiations and managing client relations to ensure complete satisfaction
- Serve as an Account Manager for key accounts
- Participate directly in projects as a Principal In Charge or Project Manager
- Maintain a high profile externally through membership in professional organizations, continually increasing client contact base - Mentor and manage a team of design professionals and technicians
- Lead and manage preparation of construction documents including; plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Research and understand issues related to regulatory and other drivers that impact individual projects
- Ensure that projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
Your Capabilities and Credentials Undergraduate degree in engineering is required
Have a minimum of 10 years' experience in water/municipal infrastructure-related fields
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of North Carolina or the ability to obtain registration within six (6) months of hire
- Possess Raleigh area municipal-client relationships
- Proven track record of success in winning and managing water/wastewater projects
- Highly organized and self-motivated, resilient under stress, team oriented
- Demonstrated expertise in Water/Wastewater and Water Resources
- Seen as a leader, as a result of your technical, industry and competitive knowledge
- Strong professional interpersonal skills, especially communication and team building
- Highly effective verbal and written communication
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top