Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Edmonton, Canada
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible to monitor construction quality activities and to assure conformance with the applicable drawings, procedures, and specifications. Monitoring in-process construction quality control and quality assurance practices, the Quality Assurance Lead mitigates the risks associated with sub-standard construction practices. Acting as the primary liaison between the Contractor and CMI Team for quality related issues. The Quality Assurance Lead will support the Contractor to ensure that the technical requirements of the project are understood and achieved.
We are looking to fill this position for opportunities in Alberta and British Columbia.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, training and guidance to CMI team members and the Contractor in the performance of their duties and, accomplishing objectives related to quality control and quality assurance.
- Provide leadership with respect to compliance and developing a compliance focused quality culture on site.
- Responsible for performance management, recruitment, rewarding, disciplinary actions, and other personnel-related functions for the group.
- Coordinate the daily activities of the inspectors, monitor progress, and verify critical activities are in accordance with requirements of the ITPs.
- Coordinate, attend or conduct quality kick off meetings, pre-inspection meetings involving in-house inspectors, vendors and/or 3rd party inspectors.
- Assist in resolution of escalated issues involving vendors, 3rd party inspectors and in-house inspectors.
- Develop, execute and monitor processes and action plans in the resolution of non-conformances and/or deficiencies.
- Contributing to the establishment and implementation of improvements to existing methods, policies and procedures.
- Prepare weekly and monthly site-specific KPI's and quality status reports.
- Perform progressive competency assessments of Contractor and CMI team inspection personnel.
- Validate personnel certifications and training records associated with quality control, inspection, and quality assurance.
- Perform progressive audits of Contractor turnover records and CMI team inspection reports.
- Perform quality surveillance reporting of site construction and inspection activities.
- Identify systemic issues and opportunities for improvement and communicate these issues and their corrective actions to stakeholders.
- Identify site-specific quality risks, concerns, and lessons learned, and communicate these items to the Stantec Quality Manager so that learnings can be communicated to all work locations.
- Facilitate quality awareness training in advance of critical activities such as NDT and pressure testing to ensure that the quality requirements of the work are well understood.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Advanced skills in use of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
10 years industrial and/or pipeline construction experience with a minimum of 5 years in a supervision or inspection role, and any two of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or Technologist Diploma in a related field
- Journeyman Certification in a Related Trade
- CSA W178.2 Welding Inspector Certification to Level 2 or 3
- NACE Coating Inspection Professional (CIP) Certified Level 2 or 3
- API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector Certification required for all pipeline positions. This is not a requirement when working on pumping stations or terminals.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001GG
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top