QA/QC Manager-heavy civil
MWH Constructors (MWHC) is currently looking for an experienced Quality Assurance/Control Manager to support our wastewater treatment project in Dallas, TX.
The Quality Manager position will coordinate and implement quality management standards to maintain excellence in MWHC's deliverables. The Quality Manager will confirm that all projects are in compliance with MWHC and appropriate client standards and meet all legal requirements.
This position is critical in implementing effective quality management so that the project design is delivered to a high standard of quality that meets the requirements and expectations of the client organizations. This position interacts throughout the organization internally.
• Plan, direct and supervise Quality Control (Assurance) function.
• Manage standards around Quality throughout MWHC.
• Prepare, obtain approval, issue and implement company quality control (assurance) program manual in compliance with company requirements.
• As required by quality control program manual, perform activities such as audits, preparation of company standards, notification to management of quality problems, etc.
• Provide administrative and technical direction to all quality control personnel; includes personnel administration, resolution of technical problems, development/approval of in-house training, etc.
• Ensure company standards as outlined in quality control (assurance) manual are effectively implemented.
• Ensure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance.
• Report to and work closely with the Project Manager and other members of the Project Manager's office to confirm that all projects are being delivered in conformance with MWHC requirements.
• Develop, manage and continually improve the Design Quality Management System.
• Establish, track and report on trends for key quality metrics including customer satisfaction.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or other related field required; an equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working with heavy civil engineering / Infrastructure projects including construction, with 5 years of experience in design and/or management of engineering projects and 3 years of experience in a quality management role.
• Significant equivalent experience in a quality management role directly applied to areas in a consulting practice.
• Progressive responsibility and ability to demonstrate clear understanding of quality management principles.
• Experience in the development and execution of management systems.
• Experience in auditing the application of management systems.
• Able to balance competing interests, as well as recognize and incorporate alternate design approaches that result in greater value for all stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Certification by leading organizations within the quality management industry is desirable.
• Experience in reviewing projects and providing training to new or existing staff is required.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top