Public Relations Manager
Your Opportunity We need a storyteller. A passionate, senior communicator. A person who thrives on creativity. A trustworthy counsellor. Why? We're Stantec - a global company of architects, engineers, and scientists (22,000 and growing) that designs with community in mind. How? We …
… help California cities deal with droughts.
… create systems for New Orleans to be better prepared for the next big hurricane.
… helped expand the Panama Canal.
… design hospitals that use less energy, but allow patients to better heal.
… design schools that prepare students for life and work
… restore streams so that salmon can return to small towns.
… design skateparks because, well, they're cool.
Yes, we have stories to tell. To join our distributed PR team, we're seeking an experienced professional who knows social media and media relations inside and out. Can you write with the best of them? Thrive in a fast-paced environment? Build and carry out campaign plans? Great! You're the experienced team member we're looking for.
We have a spot for a Public Relations Manager on our team, and it's got your name written all over it. This role requires someone who has serious skills when it comes to PR-a team player who always thinks strategically, can see creative stories and bring them to life, provide counsel to leadership, and respond quickly to shifting priorities.
In this role, you'll provide direction on media relations, social media strategy, content marketing, issues/crisis management, and reputation management in partnership with local Marketing & PR/Communications colleagues and leadership. Combining your business savvy and PR genius, you'll look for creative ways to tell the Stantec story in one of our Western US Region hubs. We're looking for someone to based in Irvine, CA .
Your Duties Opportunities for a star player!
Your ability to successfully develop proactive public relations strategies to bring Stantec's brand to life will help you shine. You'll need to develop a solid understanding of Stantec's business, brand promise, client needs, key differentiators, and market trends.
Reporting to the Director of Public Relations, some of the activities you'll focus your energy on include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with local Marketing colleagues to develop and implement an integrated marketing and PR plan that tells the Company's news and brand story across multiple channels
- Communicating with industry publications to contribute expert articles and blogs, and to seek editorial coverage
- Developing and managing communications initiatives involving news releases, social media outreach, content marketing, research, interviews, media training and spokesperson support, media monitoring and tracking, and other support on special projects and events
- Overseeing media outreach and preparing local leadership by developing briefing documents; identifying opportunities and issues; and developing relevant remarks, speeches, and talking points for them
- Issues/crisis communications management, in partnership with leadership
- Providing social media and media/crisis communications training for internal groups
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, English, journalism, or marketing.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of public relations experience in corporate or agency preferred.
- Crisis Communication
- Professional writing (samples required)
- Campaign planning and facilitation
- Social media strategy and administration
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Fundamental understanding of the media landscape (traditional, social)
- Excellent interviewing, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment, as well as to work autonomously
- Familiarity with photography and video preferred
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with multiple audiences and articulate clearly within tight deadlines
- Strategic mindset and strong business acumen
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top