Protection & Control Engineer
- Lake Mary, FL
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
The Protection and Control Engineer - EIT reports to the Substation P&C Engineering Manager and will be based out of our Lake Mary, Fl office. As a P&C Engineer - EIT, you will assist with Protection and Control studies, protective relay settings, calculations and coordination. As well as for the delivery of substation automation system for our high voltage substation projects. You will work within multi-disciplinary teams to assist in developing efficient and reliable substation automation systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Under supervision may perform P&C system studies/calculations/coordination and generate relay settings to be integrated and configured into IEDs
- Attend site walkdowns to verify scope and gather information for the engineering process
- Support the development of control building layout, P&C one-line diagram, AC/DC schematics, control panel layout and wiring diagram, station service AC/DC distribution diagram, bill of material, cable schedule, communication interconnection diagram, etc.
- Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes; develop and review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects
- Provide construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of substation protection & control design theories and applications
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite; AutoCAD and/or Microstation software - Knowledge of operation and design of substation SCADA and Telecom systems
- Effective interpersonal skills (written, verbal) and ability to successfully work in a team-oriented environment
- Must have or eligible to obtain a valid US driver's license
- Ability to multi-task from project to project
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam - Eligibility to obtain PE
- 3 to 5 years of experience in protection and control design
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000P1
Back to top