Protection & Control Engineer
Your Opportunity: Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities .
Your Duties: Based out of the Wyomissing, PA office, the Protection and Control Engineer is responsible for protective relay settings and calculations, coordination as well as for the delivery of substation automation system for our high voltage substation projects. The incumbent will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop efficient and reliable substation automation systems. You will coordinate the planning and design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop P&C application document to define P&C design scopes, philosophies, methodologies, and criteria for high voltage substation projects
- Perform P&C system studies/calculations/coordination and generate relay settings to be integrated and configured into IEDs; attend field commissioning
- Develop control building layout, P&C one line diagram, AC/DC schematics, control panel layout and wiring diagram, station service AC/DC distribution diagram, bill of material, cable schedule, etc.
- Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes; develop and review technical specifications, drawings, and standards of equipment/ projects.
- Review the design based memorandum, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers/designers to align the engineering deliverables per project requirements
- Provide construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings, and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects
- Mentor and provide guidance to Junior/Intermediate engineers in the group
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in substation Protection & Control planning and design
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office; familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Microstation software to conduct P&C system study and relay setting/calculation/coordination
- Demonstrated knowledge of operation and design of substation SCADA and Telcom system
- Proven experience in testing and commissioning of substation automation system electrical installations for utilities or industries
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; good presence with customers/clients in conveying technical knowledge; solid team skills in your relationships with team members and external business relationships
- Professional Engineer designation is preferred
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top