Protection & Control Designer
Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties The Protection and Control Designer (Technologist) will report to the Substation P&C Engineering Manager based out of our Wyomissing, PA office. As a P&C designer you will assist P&C engineer in Protection and Control design for AIS & GIS substations. Preparation of cable list/cable schedule & P&C wiring drawings from schematics will be main task for this position. Coordination between Physical designer & drafting will also be responsibility of the selected candidate.
Understanding and implementing client's standards, specs & guidelines for P&C design is one of the main requirement of this job.
- Design wiring drawings for IFR, IFC on 4kV, 13kV, 26kV,69kV, 138kV & 230kV AIS and GIS stations.
- Preparing cable schedule, cable list for Bidding, IFR and IFC packages
- Design Panel layout as per client's standards & specs
- Experience of working on Green & brown filed P&C design
- Hands on experience of working on MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Preparing BOM for P&C racks and panels & coordination with procurement for purchase of P&C materials
- Preparing BOM for P&C Relays and other equipment and coordination with procurement from material procurement.
- Understanding of AC/DC studies and preparing Station Lighting & Power design from study
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Degree in Engineering Technology with Min Four (4) years of experience in Substation (AIS/GIS) P&C design OR Diploma in Electrical Technology with Min six (6) years of experience in Substation (AIS/GIS) P&C design.
- Strong knowledge on P&C equipment
- Hands on experience on AutoCAD and MicroStation software
- Knowledge of operation and design of substation SCADA and Telecom systems
- Effective interpersonal skills (written, verbal) and ability to successfully work in a team-oriented environment
- Must have a valid US driver's license and good driving record
- Ability to multi-task from project to project
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top