Proposal Specialist - Architecture
Your Opportunity At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers and architects works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, engineers, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients.
Your Duties Based out of our Edmonton, AB office, the Proposal Specialist will be working in a very fast paced setting and be responsible for supporting the proposal submission process for the Architecture Business Line. This includes but is not limited to, the delivery and timely completion of expressions of interest, proposals, and relevant documents for the group, and is responsible for ensuring quality, content, and standards reflect client requirements.
We are looking for an energetic and personable individual who shows an eagerness to learn, a willingness to follow instructions, and also applies their creativity and experience to complete the task at hand.
The Proposal Specialist will work directly with the Proposal Lead and will be involved in the process from pre-documents through to contract award, reviewing and implementing initiatives that streamline and improve the entire bid process.
- Coordinating the end-to-end Request for Proposal (RFP) response process to ensure all expectations, actions, and timelines are understood and met;
- Coordinating the inputs and efforts of all stakeholders and content providers through the RFP response process;
- Take accountability for overall document quality, including content, "look and feel", and Stantec standards and branding;
- Providing flawless writing and final editing to ensure the response is accurate, concise, and effective;
- Managing and maintaining knowledgebase content, templates, tools, and processes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials You are an individual who is passionate about writing, editing and proofreading. The Proposal Specialist will have the perfect combination of writing and coordinating skills. You will be savvy with Adobe Creative Suite especially InDesign and have an aptitude for concept development.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years as a Proposal Coordinator/Writer/Specialist working on or developing corporate proposals in an architecture environment;
- Superior writing skills and able to express ideas and concepts in a compelling manner;
- Excellent editing, grammar, proofreading, spelling, and punctuation skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple deliverables and competing deadlines;
- Strong team player; can do / will do attitude; get things done; high level attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop an asset
- Strong conceptual, design and presentation capabilities.
- Organized with attention to detail.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top