Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
About the role
Stantec is looking for a Proposal Specialist for the Vancouver, BC office. This position requires someone who has strong business development instincts and likes to connect with others - a team player who knows how to showcase a brand and our unique value proposition so that it stands out among the competition. Are you someone who naturally connects the dots? Can you take an opportunity from the 50,000 -foot level and strategically help develop winning proposals that that drive revenue growth?
The Proposal Specialist is involved throughout the pursuit process to help strategically position Stantec with specific high value clients. This includes working with business developers on market and client specific research and analysis. Your primary responsibility is to drive and facilitate the creation of compelling opportunity-specific response documents, while collaborating with leadership to develop distinctive value propositions that clearly differentiate Stantec.
This position is a one year contract position.
Your Duties: You'll be:
- Responsible for working with leadership to develop winning proposals that differentiate us from our competition.
- Actively involved in the project pursuit process, leading and supporting strategy and kick off meetings, incorporating win themes and storyboarding, and creating content and editing.
- Responsible for ensuring understanding and adherence with Stantec's marketing and communications policies, procedures, practices, and protocols, while supporting the tactical marketing and business development objectives of the region.
In this role, you'll work closely with your regional marketing team members, and internal clients, to provide winning proposals. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, can manage multiple concurrent initiatives, and enjoys working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Requirements
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, journalism, business, or related area.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a marketing-related field. Experience in the professional services industry is preferred.
- Experience in the AEC industry an asset.
- Proven experience developing responses to detailed requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web-based interfaces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively within a group with 'team spirit' as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision.
- Able to work assertively in a deadline driven environment, strong follow up skills.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top