At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
We are seeking qualified applicants for a Senior Proposal Manager within our Creative Services group, a centralized sales and marketing team. Our team exists to help win the company new and exciting work in water. It's a high-energy atmosphere and we are looking for a positive team player who is self-motivated, driven to complete projects, and enjoys working in a dynamic team setting. Senior proposal managers work collaboratively within a team setting to bring strategies and highly technical concepts to life in SOQs/proposals. The SOQs/proposals range from 25 to 350+ pages and project values from $1 million to over $100 million. Your Key Responsibilities
- Proposal/Project Management-Senior proposal managers work with operational/technical and sales teams to manage SOQs/proposals, presentations and, on occasion, other deliverables or marketing projects. The SOQs/proposals vary from qualifications-based documents to multi-volume proposals containing qualifications, technical approaches, and cost/schedule information. It's not just checking boxes for compliance, it's partnering to develop the strategy and translate that through written and visual content to make it impossible for the client to walk away from selecting Stantec. In addition to the collaboration with other partnering firms, our pursuit teams can range from a couple to over a dozen people; writers, researchers, visual designers, technical experts, global marketing teams and print centers. In this role, you would keep the people and content organized to hit the milestone deadlines for effective review meetings, as well as keeping an eye on marketing budgets and leveraging a tiered staffing/resources plan. And if that isn't enough excitement, you also get involved in mentoring junior marketing and design staff. -
- Proposal Writing/Editing - We have a manager-doer and a team-first culture. That means depending on the size of the SOQ/proposal, in this position you may need to help create your own content or you could be in a supporting role on another proposal. In this role you will refine written strategy/sales messages; research qualifications and proofs (subject matter experts, databases, and past documents); write persuasive and compelling proposal sections tailored to the requirements; edit firm and staff qualifications to meet the project scope and strategy; edit technical writing; and collaborate with graphic designers to illustrate major text points.
- Information Management- Having the right information at our fingertips makes us a nimble and responsive support team within the company. We work to both store information as well as respond to requests for information. Consistent file naming/structure is defined and we are diligent in archiving (and cleaning) our information in the appropriate servers and databases. That includes, but is not limited to, resumes, project descriptions, boilerplate and technical text.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills to develop sales-focused documents.
- Must have intermediate/advanced skills with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) on a PC platform.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InCopy) is preferred, but not required.
- Must have availability to work occasional scheduled overtime to complete deadlines.
- Travel requirement may range from 10% to 25%.
Minimum of 5 years of proposal management of sales document experience; experience within the A/E/C industry is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top