Project/Portfolio Manager, Healthcare Architecture
- San Francisco, CA
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
As a Project Manager contributing on our professional Architecture team you will build and expand your client relationships, impact how projects are delivered, and mentor the next generation of healthcare architects.
You will manage existing clients, maintain sole-sourced work awarded to us as well as assist the practice in pursuing new work when the opportunity arises. You will lead a team of architects and designers to deliver projects from scoping/schematic design through construction administration and close-out within Acute and Non-Acute Healthcare projects. From time to time you will also be required to act as the Architect of Record, which you will oversee the design, permit and close-out process, including negotiations with OSHPD field and office staff.
As a Project Manager, you will oversee the financial health of your portfolio of projects, including maintaining client satisfaction and utilization of the team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of small projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Architect of Record for non-licensed PM led projects with direct control and oversight in the development of the construction documents for submission to the AHJ.
- Lead campus/service area bi-weekly meetings for the firm's active projects.
- Acquire new projects to support your team by repeat business from existing client and in support of the Healthcare Sector strategy.
- Effectively participate and help to win work in interviews for potential projects.
- Plan, organize, and direct the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Keeps the Principal in Charge informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables and understands the limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role and respects the boundaries of the Principal in Charge's responsibilities.
- Lead the client and project team to ensure the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assist in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Mentor and assist Project Managers in contract/fee negotiation and scope definition.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentors, develops and motivates project teams.
- Ensure tasks for compliance with internal project audit, Project Management Framework are completed timely and properly documented.
- Leads project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manage and track change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Works with Operations Leader in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Directs client invoicing and effectively manages accounts receivable.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive project experience that supports the ability to win work during proposal response.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Capable of simultaneously supporting one or more Principal's in Charge on multiple projects.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Excellent negotiator and communicator.
- Ability to develop skills in team members.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma; Prefer experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field and licensed Architect in California.
Minimum of 10 years of Healthcare experience including Acute Care, OSHPD and Outpatient.
Prefer someone with experience working with Kaiser Permanente. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Other Locations: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000019D
Back to top