Project/Field Engineer (AZ)
MWH Constructors is currently seeking a Project/Field Engineer to support wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client in Chandler, AZ.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
MWH Constructors, the construction arm of MWH, performs all of the Company's at-risk construction and design-build projects.
Selected individual will provide technical support to project management and project supervision staff to ensure construction work is performed efficiently, on schedule and in accordance company policy and engineering standards.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assist with subcontractor procurement and management, package development, construction layout, material and equipment procurement, submittal review, manpower scheduling, quantity takeoffs, labor productivity reporting, document controls, material purchases, deliveries and inventory, and project controls.
• Perform ongoing Quality Inspections; verify all completed work complies with applicable permits, codes, drawings, and specifications.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as materials and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
• Prepare drawings and sketching's to support construction work, temporary works, work method statements, change orders, estimates, etc.
• Prepare/facilitate and submit work method statements, ensure requisite approvals and permits are obtained prior to work commencement.
• Research; recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors initiate RFI's and follow through to resolution.
• Layout and provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
• Establish and implement office procedures as they relate to the administration of construction contracts.
• Implement projects controls for distribution and record keeping of correspondence, technical records, and other project documents.
• Review all incoming correspondence and initiate action on it, record minutes of the weekly and monthly project site meeting, review and process the Contractor's pay applications, review of the project schedule, process RFI's and produce weekly and monthly construction progress reports.
• Ensure Project management systems are maintained up-to-date and accurate
• Assist with review and analyze Contractor claims, prepare change orders, and manage claims and change order records.
• Assist estimating staff with quantity takeoffs and solicitation of subcontractors and material vendors.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees but following the company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assist in resolving construction problem/issues and perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
3-5 years of experience supporting heavy civil construction projects.
4-year Construction Management or Engineering Degree.
Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
Ability to perform trigonometric calculations, either manually or with calculator.
Ability to assume responsibility, and interfaces and communicates effectively with others.
Experience working with Prolog or other project controls software.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top