Project Technical Lead - Water Treatment
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
- Full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating project assignments.
- Perform detailed engineering analysis and design for assigned projects, using judgment in developing and evaluating alternatives on complex projects. Develop plans and specifications.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts and subcontracts documents and reviews and authorize changes and change orders to design and construction contracts.
- Serve as Lead Technical Project Engineer on medium to large water treatment infrastructure planning and design projects. Responsibilities include developing preliminary budgets, determining scope of work, resource management, establishing schedules, and preparing technical plans and reports.
- Manage specific technical areas including the supervision of project engineers and provide technical expertise to project engineers, perform analysis or review of design data, provide technical guidance on design problems, and review project engineers' work, as required.
- Organize, draft and coordinate production of various reports to ensure technical accuracy and inclusion of appropriate documentation.
- Work with the South Central Client Service Team to develop business opportunities for the South Central United States.
- Ability to interact independently with Clients.
- Seek out new work, prepare proposals, lead presentations, and negotiate new contracts and/or task orders.
- Conduct work in a safe manner and promote health and safety within the office.
- Serve as mentor to junior engineering staff.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in water, wastewater, and/or design projects.
- TX PE required.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels.
- Requires proven skills in leading project teams and building relationships both internally and externally.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 12
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top