Your Opportunity The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Join Stantec's growing Survey group in Modesto, CA!
- Keeps supervisor / project manager informed of progress, problems and any changes from planned schedule and budget.
- Works with supervisor, co-workers, and clients in a collaborative manner.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of state and local laws, codes and regulations that pertain to land surveying and mapping practices.
- Engages in continuing education activities. Pursues self-study, training or education.
- Effectively performs fundamental calculations with survey software applications and prepares drawings using AutoCAD.
- Compile and analyze boundary information
- Topographic mapping
- GPS/GNSS data processing
- Construction stakeout calculations
- Data management and project organization.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in the field as a Land Surveyor.
- PLS in the State of California preferred
- Experience using Trimble total stations and GPS receivers required
- Experience in land boundary and construction staking a plus
- Experience in Civil 3D and, or Land Development Desktop preferred.
- Experience with Trimble Business Center a plus.
- Must have a good driving record and Valid Drivers License.
- Must be able and comfortable performing field survey tasks.
- Ability to gather and organize survey research and records.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and construction documents.
- Ability to prepare calculations, alignments, and instructions for field work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a project team.
Stantec offers an excellent benefits and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, wellness program, paid vacation and holidays, stock purchase plan, commuter flex-pass, and pre-tax health plans.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top