Your Opportunity: Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, environmental policy and permitting, GIS, and information management. We help our clients identify and respond to opportunities and constraints within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include endangered species assessments, habitat restoration, wetland characterizations, water resources management, and complex planning and permitting. We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career.
Your Duties: Stantec is seeking a Project Scientist(s) or Engineer(s) to work out of its St Paul, MN office; Bismarck, ND; or Green Bay, WI offices. However, other Upper Midwest office location will be considered for the right candidate. Specifically, we are seeking an individual to:
- Grow and assist in leading our Midwest Environmental Services Program with a focus on US energy sector clients in the oil and gas, electric transmission and distribution, and renewable energy markets.
- Assist in building our oil and gas midstream FERC permitting, staff, capabilities, and program in the US.
- Assist in building our NEPA permitting, staff, capabilities, and program in the US.
- Provide technical leadership and project management on a wide variety of environmental planning and permitting projects for energy, government, and private sector clients throughout the US.
- Help train, develop, mentor, and retain junior staff as we grow our client base and workload.
- Participate and sometimes lead marketing and business development activities on a local, state, regional, and national level.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in an environmental engineering, geologic sciences, natural resources, or related fields with a Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with FERC, PHMSA, USACE, USFWS and NEPA requirements and processes, mitigation measures, and related implementation means. Experience permitting large natural gas or liquids pipelines is critical.
- Demonstrated experience conducting field surveys for wetlands, T&E species, and invasive species with training and certification as appropriate. Experience using GIS is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and certification preparing stormwater and erosion control plans and permits.
- Possess 5 to 10 years' experience performing analysis, consulting, and providing recommendations with a focus on energy clients and linear projects.
- Demonstrated experience with State Public Utilities Commissions, and various other state and federal agencies including State Departments of Natural Resources and Environmental Quality, US Forest service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, US Army Corps of Engineers, USEPA, National Park Service, and Bureau of Land Management.
- Demonstrated experience with liquid petroleum and natural gas pipelines, terminal facilities, and related environmental issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural resources and experience with NPS, DOI, State Historic Preservation Offices, BIA, and Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize and balance sometimes heavy workloads to achieve goals while keeping up with a highly mobile and changing environment.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others, to keep other team members aware of project and client needs.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to client's business needs.
- Must have ability and desire to travel throughout the US for project work and business development activities.
- Demonstrated the ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, management, and vendors to successfully meet shifting needs.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top