Your Opportunity: Stantec is one of the largest employers of full-time, experienced environmental professionals in the eastern United States. Our current staff includes specialists in wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrology, forestry, habitat restoration, marine biology, environmental permitting, and GIS. Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues proactively and professionally. We focus on hiring talented, enthusiastic, and hard-working individuals that have a keen interest in the natural sciences and a commitment to working in a team-based environment.
Your Duties: Stantec's Environmental Services practice seeks a Project Scientist to provide field- and office- based support for natural resource projects.
Responsibilities may include conducting and/or leading field work including wetland delineations and characterizations, GPS surveys. wetland function-value assessments, and natural community mapping; performing and leading project technical work; providing construction observation; preparing reports and proposals; and assisting with environmental permitting. Travel and overnight stays are anticipated .
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Required skills, experience, and qualifications include:
- Minimum of 2 years of field experience in the field of wetland science, soil science, and/or botany;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience performing wetland delineations or hydric soil evaluations;
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in a directly related field (may be substituted for 1 year of field experience);
- Attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, desire to support team success, and ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel;
- Flexibility in work assignments; and
- Positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Strong preference will be given to individuals who are currently recognized as a Professional Soil Scientists by the Society of Soil Scientists of Southern New England, or who have a significant amount of credit hours that would count toward this certification.
- Experience with local, state and federal environmental regulations and permitting in Massachusetts and/or Connecticut, including experience with the Massachusetts DEP wetlands and waterways permits and/or Connecticut DEEP permits, Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act, MEPA and/or CEPA, and state- and federally listed species regulations and permitting; and
- Experience conducting construction observation.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top