Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties Duties may include handling day to day tasks such as:
- Performing task management for sites undergoing assessment and/or active remediation.
- Performing risk based evaluations under LA RECAP.
- Scheduling, scoping, budgeting, preparing reports, permits, and proposals
- Coordinating with subcontractors
- Field work will likely be required, including various soil and water sampling activities and/or contractor oversight on a variety of project types including oil and gas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A BS or MS in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related Earth Sciences.
- Minimum 3 year's related experience required (5 years preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, management, and vendors to successfully meet shifting needs.
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, good work ethic, and a passion for high quality workmanship.
- Part-time candidates will be considered.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, have excellent organizational skills, combined with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment.
- Experience working with the LA Risk Evaluation/Corrective Action Program (RECAP) regulation preferred.
- Experience working with the LA Department of Natural Resources preferred.
- Experience preparing Coastal Use Permits a plus.
- GIS experience a plus.
- Field experience on oil & gas (upstream, midstream and downstream) projects a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance and permitting regulations pertaining to the USACE, USFWS, and state regulatory agencies.
- Experience conducting wetland delineations and T&E habitat characterization.
- Experience preparing permit applications and technical reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including advanced technical writing abilities.
- 40hr OSHA HAZWOPER Training, preferred.
- Prior to employment this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top