Project Scheduler - Construction
- Sacramento, CA
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
You will work with direct guidance and supervision to create, revise, update, report on and control the project schedule. You will analyze progress against the baseline schedule and direct the project management team towards the most vulnerable areas of the project plan, under the guidance of a Project Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Initiates discussions with project stakeholders to identify key elements in schedule set-up.
- Liaises with project management team and client to establish list of approved schedule reports.
- Liaises with cost control to ensure alignment of schedule with control budget.
- Prepares and establishes baseline schedule in conjunction with engineering, procurement, and construction team members as well as other stakeholders.
- In conjunction with cost and project management team establishes and applies rules of credit to establish progress and calculate earned value.
- Assists with preparation of schedule reports.
- Clearly communicates to all stakeholders status of project schedule.
- Reviews, assesses and analyzes contractor progress and performance as required.
- Supports risk analysis with project management.
- Produces basis of schedule document.
- Performs other key responsibilities of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work under direct supervision and to work with others to achieve group results.
- Ability to provide general direction and review of entry level staff assignments as requested.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Eager to learn with strong listening and critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in relevant software programs including Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and Oracle Primavera.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Control Planning/Scheduling
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001E7
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top