Project Planner & Permitting Specialist
Your Opportunity: 3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Environmental Services Practice is looking for an experienced professional to serve as our "Project Planner & Permitting Specialist."
- Prepare discretionary permit applications packages in support of federal, state and local agency project approvals.
- Prepare Initial Studies, Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and supporting technical studies.
- Assist in developing proposals for similar scopes of work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 3-5 years of environmental planning and permitting experience successfully preparing or assisting with the preparation of CEQA/NEPA documentation and environmental permitting.
- Experience with a variety of land uses is preferred. Experience with urban land development, oil and gas, power generation, infrastructure (transportation, water, wastewater), and/or renewable energy is desired.
- A Bachelor's degree in planning, natural resources, environmental science, biological science, ecology, or related field.
- Strong working knowledge with CEQA/NEPA compliance and demonstrated discretionary permitting including the following:
- Clean Water Act permitting Sections 404 (Corps) and 401 Water Quality Certifications (Regional Board)
- Special Use Permits (Bureau of Land Management & U.S. Forest Service)
- Streambed Alteration Agreements (CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife)
- Incidental Take Permits (CA Dept of Fish & Game)
- Conditional Use Permits (cities and counties)
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be team focused.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of Stantec.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top