Project Manager - Water/Wastewater
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
An opportunity exists within Stantec's Water Sector for a highly-motivated Project Manager with municipal infrastructure experience to join our team in Atlanta.
The successful candidate will use their management and technical abilities to manage a team of design professionals and technicians to deliver projects involving the planning and design of a wide array of civil and water resources projects, predominantly water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of design professionals and technicians
- Management of projects of varying complexity within multidisciplinary teams
- Mentor and supervise staff and develop high-performing project teams
- Assist with business development pursuits including proposal preparation and participation in interviews
- Interact with clients and management regarding status of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Apply and share experience/knowledge of design expertise
- Lead and manage preparation of construction documents including; plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Research and understand issues related to regulatory and other drivers that impact individual projects
- Ensure that projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a Bachelors in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Masters degree a plus
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Have a minimum of 10 years' experience (15 years preferred) in water/municipal infrastructure-related fields
- PMP, BCEE, and ENV SP certifications desireable, but not required
- Have the ability to work well in a team environment without direct supervision
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Possess a hard-working and positive attitude
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top