Project Manager, Waterfront
- Manchester, NH
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to wet infrastructure projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterfront group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting-edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful projects-vital to both local and global communities.
Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to help manage projects in our successful Waterfront business operations in the Northeastern US. Our multidisciplinary team specializes in the planning, design, construction and rehabilitation of waterfront projects including:
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and delivering successful projects in the Northeastern US. You will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. Specific responsibilities of a Project Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Maintaining and enhancing our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establishing project objectives, procedures and performance standards and leading multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning and feasibility studies, preliminary through final designs, and bidding and construction support services for waterfront projects.
- Identifying appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives as well as managing contract terms, tracking and managing costs and schedule, and implementing measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Leading by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Growing internal and external networks to enhance Stantec's reputation and identifying additional talent to join our team.
- Providing mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Developing client relationships to facilitate project activities.
- Promoting collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is strongly preferred.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, subconsultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
- Demonstrated successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, team building, and risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel to client offices and project sites will be required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience in project management, preferably for waterfront projects.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Maine-Scarborough, United States-New Hampshire-Auburn
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000009J
Back to top