Project Manager - Water Power & Dams
Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to help manage our successful WaterPower and Dams (WP&D) business operations in the western US.
Our existing WP&D operation has a multidisciplinary staff that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of WP&D including:
• Conventional hydropower
• All types of dams
• Pumped storage hydropower
The position will be located in one of our primary offices in Denver, Colorado; Bellevue, Washington; Sacramento, California; or Walnut Creek, California. The WP&D operation in the Western US is supported by more than 500 WP&D staff across the United States and Globally as well with the entire 22,000 staff of Stantec.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing our existing projects, developing solutions to project challenges, and managing a multi-disciplinary staff for successful completion of projects. The individuals will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms.
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
2. Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards.
4. Lead multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services for WP&D projects.
5. Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives.
6. Track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
7. Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
8. Grow internal and external networks to enhance Stantec reputation and identify additional talent to join our team.
9. Providing mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions
10. Develop Client relationships to facilitate project activities.
11. Promote collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
Qualifications The successful candidate will have or be able to demonstrate the following:
• Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in project management preferably for large engineering, design, and construction project for hydropower and/or dams sectors.
• Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in engineering, sciences, or business.
• Demonstrated successful experience to initiate and maintain relationships with local staff and key staff from other locations within Stantec, and with existing and prospective clients.
• Demonstrated successful experience in client service management, including the ability to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships.
• Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
• Demonstrated successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
• Demonstrated proficiency in project control systems, problem solving, and risk management.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Travel to other offices as well as to project sites will be required.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top