Project Manager -Water Power & Dam
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to help manage our successful WaterPower and Dams (WP&D) business operations in the western US. Our existing WP&D operation has a multidisciplinary staff that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of WP&D including:
Conventional hydropower - All types of dams - Pumped storage hydropower - Tunnels The positions will be located in one of our primary offices in Denver, Colorado; Bellevue, Washington; Sacramento, California; or Walnut Creek, California.
Your Key Responsibilities The Project Manager will be responsible for managing our existing projects, developing solutions to project challenges, and managing a multi-disciplinary staff for successful completion of projects. The individuals will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Maintain and enhance our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider - Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards.
Lead multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services for WP&D projects.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives.
Manage contract tasks, track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Grow internal and external networks to enhance Stantec reputation and identify additional talent to join our team.
- Providing mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Develop Client relationships to facilitate project activities.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience in project management preferably for large engineering, design, and construction projects for hydropower and/or dams sectors.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences. (Master's Degree is a plus)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is strongly preferred
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
- Demonstrated successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, and risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel to other offices as well as to project sites will be required.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top