Project Manager, Water Power and Dams, Sacramento
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind.
We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to help manage projects in our successful Water Power and Dams (WP&D) business operations in the western US. Our existing WP&D operation has a multidisciplinary staff that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of WP&D including:
Conventional hydropower - All types of dams - Pumped storage hydropower - Tunnels The position will be located in Sacramento, California.
Your Key Responsibilities:
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing our existing projects, developing solutions to project challenges and managing a multi-disciplinary staff for successful completion of projects.
The individuals will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional
organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Maintain and enhance our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider - Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services for WP&D projects.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives. Manage contract terms, track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Grow internal and external networks to enhance Stantec reputation and identify additional talent to join our team.
- Provide mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Develop Client relationships to facilitate project activities.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
- Minimum 5
years' relevant experience in project management on medium to large
with FERC strongly encouraged;
with CEQA/NEPA considered an asset;
degree in engineering or sciences ;
- PMP strongly
project management skills with experience in organizing, planning and executing
projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel,
contractors and vendors;
successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the
direction for a team, project and office;
development, change management and corporate stewardship;
communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Travel to
other offices as well as project sites will be required.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002XP
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top