Project Manager, Water Power and Dams
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Stantec is seeking a highly qualified applicant to help manage projects for our Power business operations in Utah. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is motivated to achieve and understand the drivers and trends in today's electric utility marketplace from both a local and regional perspective. The ideal candidate wants to lead, develop and be part of a growing power team..
Your Key Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing new and existing projects, developing solutions to project challenges, and managing a multi-disciplinary staff for successful completion of projects. This individual will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Maintain and enhance our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards.Lead multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services for Power projects.
- Ability to lead and support proposal preparation process inclusive of project plan development, technical scoring, budget development and scheduling.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives.
- Track and manage costs, schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Grow internal and external networks to enhance Stantec's reputation and identify additional talent to join our team.
- Provide mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Develop Client relationships to facilitate project activities.
- Promote collaboration and team work across business lines and geographies
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development, change management; and corporate stewardship.
- Demonstrated successful experience in decision-making, including making sound defensible business decisions, and identifying, assessing, evaluating, and solving complex problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.Travel to other offices as well to project sites will be required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project management preferably for large Power programs for IOU's and Municipalities in California.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is strongly preferred.
- Electrical CA PE strongly preferred.Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003KU
Back to top