Project Manager (Water Infrastructure)
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Stantec Dubai is currently seeking a Project Manager to support on a construction supervision project on FEWA involving water pipelines, RO plants, and water reservoirs.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee investigations, concept and detailed designs for civil/ water/ wastewater infrastructure
• Review data collection and analysis for conceptual planning and design, prepare design drawings and specifications, and solve design problems as required.
• Review field investigations to collect design information.
- Manage preparation of technical specifications, tendering and contract administration.
• Engineering analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings on projects
• Manage project activities through the application of technical engineering planning, principles and techniques
• Review project deliverables including writing technical reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
• Determine budgets, timelines and cost estimates for project design and construction.
- Collaboration and working as part of a team.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
- Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Principal Civil Engineer.
Project Manager (Water Infrastructure)
• Minimum B.Sc. Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Chartered (CEng, PE or equivalent) is an advantage.
• 20+ years of experience
• Experience with water infrastructure, sewers, water pipelines, RO plants, and water reservoirs.
• Excellent command English both written and spoken.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives.
• Strong team working capabilities. Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
•The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
•Excellent computer skills.
•A customer-focused approach, possessing impressive communication skills.
•The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives and the capabilities to meet tight deadlines.
•Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
•A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
•Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec policies, procedures and working practices.
•A flexible approach to working hours and travel.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top