Project Manager - Water Engineering
- Atlanta, GA
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established Water Sector and a new opportunity exists for a highly-motivated Project Manager with municipal infrastructure experience to join our team in Atlanta, GA..
The successful candidate will use their management and technical abilities to manage a team of design professionals and technicians to deliver projects involving the planning and design of a wide array of civil and water resources projects, predominantly water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Management of projects of varying complexity within multidisciplinary teams
- Effectively working with key technical specialists, project team members, and delivery managers
- Serving as a leader of project teams and mentoring and supervising junior staff, including the coordination and review of project assignments
- Assisting with business development pursuits including proposal preparation and participation in interviews
- Interfacing directly with clients and management regarding status of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Leading and managing preparation of construction documents including; plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Research and understanding issues related to regulatory and other drivers that impact individual projects
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project: scope, schedule, design, risk, quality, staff, etc.
- Managing a team of design professionals and technicians that comply with the contract agreement as well as exercise rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints
- Representing Stantec at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects
- Being active in professional societies in which clients or potential clients are members
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work well in a team environment without direct supervision
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Possess a hard-working and positive attitude
- PE, PMP, BCEE, and ENV SP certifications preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Civil or Environmental Engineering. Masters degree a plus
- 7 years' experience in water/municipal infrastructure-related fields
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002LZ
Back to top