Project Manager, Water
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Portland office is seeking a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. You will lead a team of professionals in the design and construction of large scale public works projects in various sectors. The projects will be in various phases from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and commissioning.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects and business development with particular interest related to conveyance, treatment, collection, discharge and master planning of public works and municipal projects.
- Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are of utmost importance.
- Communicate daily with the client and project team, including manage change in scope, coordination with owners and manage risk.
- Lead the Design Team consisting of the Engineers, Planners, and other supporting disciplines and Subconsultants.
- Day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Distribute meeting notes to the project team.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all subconsultants.
- Prepare monthly reports to owner.
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project.
- Review and approve all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Conduct earned value analysis, schedule development, and quality control management.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in Project Management role in the design and construction field
- Ability to multitask project management and business development
- Willing and able to travel
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills
- Team player with experience building, leading, and managing a team of Project Managers and Support Staff
- Ability and experience in preparing comprehensive budget expenditures, overall project schedules, and in planning and managing revenue and expenses for a business unit
- 5-10 years of experience in Project Management role
- PE License or other relevant professional licensure or certification
- Design-build and alternate project delivery experience preferred
Education and Experience
- 5-10 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified.
- Experience managing at least five consulting projects with minimum consulting fees of $250K.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180001L6
Back to top