Project Manager - Transportation
- Waterloo, Canada
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Municipal Transportation Group, based in our Waterloo office. Reporting to the Business Centre Managing Leader, this position will be responsible for leading and managing municipal roadway and transportation-oriented design projects for typically public sector Clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Comprehensive Project Management and control of all aspects of assigned projects to achieve the client's prescribed scope, time, cost and quality objectives through the application of formal project management process, techniques, and procedures
- Plan, execute, and control the project through all phases from proposal preparation, project kick-off, preliminary design/definition, detailed design, tendering, construction, contract administration and validation
- Directing and coordinating the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team (internal staff, external consultants, contractors and suppliers), while ensuring the quality of design to achieve the Client's objectives consistent with the scope of services to be provided
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that the required functions of the project are satisfactorily performed
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Building a strong culture of quality design and teamwork
- Assists with staff development, providing input and recommendations related to staff needs, performance and remuneration
- Clients may be both internal and external to Stantec
- Other duties as assigned/required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong leadership, negotiation, communication and customer relationship skills are essential
- Experienced in project management on municipal road and/or transit design projects (including LRT)
- Experience in AutoCAD, Microstation and InRoads or Civil 3D software will set you apart from your peer group
- Experienced in report and proposal writing
- Experience in urban mobility and/or highway design will set you apart from your peer group
Education and Experience
University or college degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in the field of road design and construction
Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is required
Minimum of eight (8) years demonstrated experience with project management or senior engineering responsibilities
PMP certification is an asset
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 20000160
Back to top