Project Manager - Transportation
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
We are actively seeking a Project Manager based out of our Transportation Infrastructure Group in Waterloo. This group provides consulting services for Class Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Design, and Detail Design projects for public sector clients, including the Ministry of Transportation Ontario and several Ontario Southwest/GTA municipalities.
Your Duties As a Transportation Engineer and Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of provincial and municipal transportation design projects for clients across Ontario. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing roadway design staff, and managing multi-discipline project teams.
- Financial management of projects including budget forecasting, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing.
- Developing proposals, budgets and schedules, and on-going business development and liaison with clients.
- Collaborating with Transportation Leaders and other Project Managers to identify staffing, equipment, and training requirements.
- Supporting the Stantec Quality Management System, and promoting Stantec's Environmental Health & Safety program.
Your Capabilities and Credentials You are a highly motivated, registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario, and have more than 10 years of related and applied work experience. The ideal candidate will also have the following additional skills and qualifications:
- Proven Project Management Experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides, such as the TAC Geometric Design Guide, local client design guides, and the MTO Geometric Design Guide for Ontario Highways.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with highway and roadway design related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and InRoads.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top