Project Manager, Terminal Redevelopment
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking to fill two Project Manager positions for the airport development program, one for International Program and one for Domestic Program.
As Project Manager, you will work with a team of professionals in the design and construction of airport infrastructure and development projects. The projects will be in various phases from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and occupancy. Your role as a senior contributor on our professional consulting services team is to work independently on large projects of high complexity.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and management of the scope of work, budget and schedule for the project, including risk and change management
- Serve as the principal point of contact for management of all contracts associated with the project
- Provide overall management of the project team during design, construction, testing, acceptance and turn-over of the project, including oversight of the implementation of:
- Phased demolition of the existing infrastructure
- Temporary facilities during construction
- Phased construction of new buildings and associated infrastructure
- Facilitation of collaborative communication between all stakeholders for successful delivery of the project as a part of the overall program
- Ensure effective and timely communication between the various project teams, stakeholders and Owner's teams.
- Oversee and manage existing team(s)
- Excel in all phases of project management including: program development, budgeting, planning & design, pre-construction, project implementation, project oversight and project closure
- Provide timely and accurate project documentation and reporting
- Draft project work orders, project purchase orders, service contracts and change orders
- Cultivate and maintain a positive working relationship with client representatives and service providers
- Provide leadership, insight, and management to drive clients vision
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience performing senior project management services associated with design, construction, commissioning, ORAT and closeout phases of complex terminals and other passenger handling facilities at Domestic and International Airports
- Overall working knowledge of the architectural, engineering and systems elements of airport terminals and support facilities
- Demonstrable establishment of collaborative relationships with stakeholders involved in planning, design, construction, testing and turn-over of airport facilities (airport, community and government)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the management of complex terminal projects at large airports
- Experience in the development of new terminal buildings on existing building sites and/or within highly constrained construction sites is desirable
- Demonstrable experience leading design and/or construction teams in delivery of large, complex terminal building projects
- Current driver's license, ability to obtain airport security badge, and passing required security background check is required
Education and Experience
- 10 to 12 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience successfully managing projects as a PM
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent degree
- On-the-job experience as a PM on at least 10 successful consulting projects
- Projects managed must be sized $20 million and above
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 1900025J
Back to top