Project Manager - Team Lead
- Raleigh, NC
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Raleigh, NC has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Engineer - Project Manager/Team Lead. We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice and project management related to multi-disciplined federal projects. This position requires the ability to handle significant projects, client and government agency responsibility and effectiveness in working with a team.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Establish and monitor project budgets, quality control, and adherence to project schedules
- Serve as a team lead providing leadership and management of a team of project managers, engineers, and designers. Responsible for workload allocation and career development of team members
- Work with project design team to develop construction drawings, specifications, and construction cost estimates for horizontal and multi-disciplined vertical construction projects.
- Serve as the technical design lead
- Serve as a primary client interface on projects assigned and interact with federal and other clients and team members independently to maintain appropriate communication
- Collaborate with senior staff in the execution of projects and the development of business opportunities
- Function independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment to successfully achieve group goals
- Meet project management and quality control/quality assurance requirements of Stantec's project management framework
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The candidate must have these basic qualifications/requirements:
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to serve as PM on multi-disciplined (vertical and horizontal construction) design projects and manage subconsultants or in-house design staff (architects and mechanical and electrical engineers)
- Proven ability to maintain relationships with existing clients and establish trust / credibility
- Ability to collaborate with others to accomplish goals in a team atmosphere
- Ability to travel as necessary to satisfy job requirements
Preferred skills that will assist the candidate in succeeding in the role are:
- Experience managing a team of project managers, engineers and designers
- Experience managing projects for federal or other public sector clients
- Working knowledge of CAD software such as Autocad, Civil3D or Microstation
- Proficiency in developing technical specifications and construction cost estimates
- Previous experience managing multi-disciplined (vertical and horizontal construction) design processes and requirements and ability to manage vertical design consultants or in-house staff (architects and mechanical and electrical engineers)
- Familiarity with Federal DoD contractual procedures and practices and execution of delivery order or MSA type contracts
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or similar accredited engineering degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years of engineering experience with a minimum of five (5) years of project management experience
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000F2
Back to top