Project Manager (Sewage Treatment Plant)
- Doha, Qatar
Stantec is currently seeking a Project Manager to support on a Sewerage Treatment Plant project in Qatar.
Key tasks include:
1.Oversee investigations, concept and detailed designs
• Review data collection and analysis for conceptual planning and design, prepare design drawings and specifications, and solve design problems as required.
• Review field investigations to collect design information.
- Manage preparation of technical specifications, tendering and contract administration.
• Engineering analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings on projects
• Manage project activities through the application of technical engineering planning, principles and techniques
• Review project deliverables including writing technical reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
• Determine budgets, timelines and cost estimates for project design and construction.
- Collaboration and working as part of a team.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
- Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
Project Manager (Sewage Treatment Plant)
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University to the approval of the Engineer. A recognised Professional Qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum twenty (20) years demonstrable experience in all aspects of supervision
- At least eight (8) years in managerial capacity, in project management and all aspects of supervision and project administration of similar size Design/Build contract for Wastewater treatment plant projects.
- Must demonstrate his experience in respect of the technical proposals evaluation and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical problems that may arise during construction.
- Preferably to have experience in Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC).
- Experience must include all environmental protection aspects of the construction of similar or bigger size sewerage treatment plant projects.
- Experience in contract management.
- Must demonstrate the extent of his knowledge and experience in respect of international construction/ contract law, contract administration procedure, staff management, hold a perceptive understanding of Public Authority procedures and be capable of interpreting statutes, codes, ordinances and regulations.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Back to top