Project Manager - Power (Florida)
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
The role of a Project Manager is to manage the design and delivery of large projects and maintaining and improving relations with current and future clients within our Power business line.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation of project plans, management of work in progress (WIP), cost control, schedule, management of the coordination of the project engineering and technical support staff and management of project scope, including negotiation of scope changes with the client.
- Responsible for ensuring Stantec's Project Management Framework is followed, including project reporting, management of project value versus project percent complete, and quality control/quality assurance procedures
- Responsible to ensure that proper Stantec Design Practices are followed as they relate to their Practices/Disciplines deliverables and they act as a focal point for the Stantec Project Practice/Discipline Team Members.
- Responsible for coordinating the peer reviews of said tasks including, third-party Practice/Discipline quality reviews of deliverables
Your Credentials and Capabilities
- Able to discern complicated facts and disseminate practices, policies, procedures and context on project/program development to internal and external clients
- Requires effective negotiation skills to define contract terms
- Must foster effective working relationships between colleagues, associates, clients and officials
- Provide expertise to internal and external clients to resolve complex problems and issues
- Requires broad general knowledge of electrical industrial and utility power projects, including strong familiarity with other disciplines required for completion of such projects, including Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, environmental services, Surveying and Geomatics, and permitting
- Exhibit originality in providing innovative, practical and economical solutions
- Demonstrate broad technical knowledge and experience in multiple areas of specialization and/or business operations management within the organization
- Thorough knowledge of organizational directives, programs, standards and administrative procedures is required
- Demonstrated experience with alternative delivery projects, such as Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC), and knowledge of renewable energy project design and development, including wind and solar, is desirable
Accountability & Complexity:
- Plans, conducts and directs complex assignments with a high degree of independence
- Assignments/projects are complex in nature and require the application of broad engineering knowledge in multiple disciplines
- Project Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of major initiatives/programs and projects that help shape the future direction of the organization
- Reviews and evaluates technical work of other professionals
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Provides advice, direction, coaching and mentoring to other professionals and technical staff.
- Contributes to annual employee Career Development & Performance Review (CDPR) process
- Participates in decisions made concerning the selection, training, evaluation, discipline, and advancement of staff
- Must exhibit leadership in one or more of the following specializations: business development, technical expertise, design, project management/client management or operations management
Education & Experience
- Minimum education requirement of a BS in applied science or engineering with additional training in industrial and/or electrical utility engineering
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience and a professional license in their discipline or a PMP registration
- Experience on Utility or Power projects is required
- Must be willing and able to travel to industrial worksites to support project work
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Florida-West Palm Beach, United States-Florida-Miami
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900022A
Back to top